In 2020, following the impacts of COVID-19, some of our educational activities were adapted for virtual delivery. In 2021, we reverted to a mostly face-to-face model, with adjustments made as required and in response to the latest health advice.
In 2022, we will continue to respond the the Goverment's regulations and will act in line with the most recent health advice. As a result, we aim to deliver all educational activities face-to-face.
We urge all staff and program participants to check the COVID-19 exposure sites daily, and to follow the health advice if you, or someone you know, has been in contact with a COVID positive case. Please check the WA Goverment website frequently to stay up to date with the latest regulations.
External Clinical Teaching visits can still occur via VC if both the ECT visitor and the practice support this. We have included instructions below for arranging video-link ECT visits and patient consent forms required for the visits.
In conjunction with both colleges, we are considering all innovative, flexible and adaptive ways for practices and supervisors to continue to fulfil their supervision and training requirements.
We have created the following forms to help you with any and all alternative models of teaching and supervision and remote supervision for registrars using telehealth from home:
- Approval of alternative models of teaching and supervision during the COVID-19 outbreak form - If you change your teaching model or add a temporary supervisor, please send this form to WAGPET for approval.
- Approval of remote supervision for GP registrars participating in telehealth from home form - If you have a registrar providing telehealth from home, fill out this form outlining your model of remote supervision and send this form to WAGPET for approval.
ACRRM and RACGP have put together FAQs and policy updates for registrars and supervisors in light of the impact of COVID-19 on GP vocational training. Click the links below to access these documents.
Do you have questions about telehealth consultations? ACRRM and RACGP have created the following resources for you:
- ACRRM Comprehensive Guide to Telehealth
- ACRRM Quick Guide to Telehealth
- ACRRM How to Do a High-Quality Remote Consultation
- RACGP Telehealth Video Consultations Guide
- RACGP Telehealth Practice Resources
- AMA WA COVID-19 resources and information
- COVID-19 Test and Isolate National Protocols https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-test-isolate-national-protocols (these were updated 01 January 2022
- Australian Government, Department of Health https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-resources#health-professional
- Identifying the symptoms https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/identifying-the-symptoms-english
WA Primary Health Alliance news bulletins
The WA Primary Health Alliance release regular bulletins regarding the COVID-19 protocols here in WA. If you haven't already, subscribe to the bulletins by clicking this link.
A full repository of bulletins can be found here.
- WAGPET and AMA WA - Understanding employment rights
- ACRRM - Getting started with Telehealth
- RACGP WA, Rural Health West and WAPHA - COVID-19 Medicare item numbers and Telehealth consultations
- WAGPET - Telehealth
- WAGPET - COVID-19 Impacts on ECT visits
- WAGPET and GPSA - Innovation through COVID-19 Disruption
- WAGPET, AMA WA - GP beyond COVID-19