WACHS Trauma Skills Refresher Course Karratha
11 and 12 September 2021
The one- day Trauma Refresher Skills course is designed for rural and remote doctors, nurses and paramedics working in sites that have no dedicated trauma service and are required to provide care to the critically ill trauma patient.
Facilitated by experienced interprofessional emergency medicine clinicians, participants will have to opportunity to refresh their skills in the management of the critically ill trauma patient. Consolidating the crucial principles of trauma management through skills interactive case discussions, participants will have the opportunity to practice and hone their skills in essential trauma procedures including vascular access, chest drain insertion skills stations, bringing it all together in immersive simulation scenarios.
The objectives of this course:
- Revise & consolidate crucial trauma management principles
- Practice & enhance skills in essential trauma procedures such as plastering, suturing, vascular access and chest drain insertion
- Demonstrate an understanding of the critical aspects in burns management
- Recognise the unique clinical challenges in the assessment & management of trauma in special populations
- Review aspects of crisis resource management, initiate effective communication amongst the resuscitation team and identify barriers to a successful resuscitation
Eligibility: All medical practitioners, emergency department doctors and nurses, and paramedics. Priority is given to those working in the local region.
Applications for these programs will close on 19 July at which time EOIs will be shortlisted and successful candidates notified via email.