Apply to become a Training Post
How to Apply
To become an accredited Training Practice or Post, you will firstly need to speak with a WAGPET Accreditation Team member to express your interest in hosting GP Registrars and/or Prevocational doctors at your practice. Your practice and GP's will need to meet basic eligibility criteria before an application will be sent to you.
The minimum criteria are as follows:
- The practice or post must have, or be in the process for acquiring, AGPAL or GPA accreditation or be in a rural location
- The training post must offer a wide range of learning opportunities
- The practice or post must be located in either Outer Metropolitan Perth, Regional, or Rural Western Australia due to training requirements. Inner Metropolitan practices will be considered, however conditions will apply
- Minimum of one full time general practitioner (Principal Supervisor), with previous teaching experience, must be working at the site
- At least one Additional Supervisor is preferred
- All supervisors must meet the minimum ACRRM and/or RACGP requirements
- All general practitioners supervising GP Registrars and Prevocational doctors must have full, unconditional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
WAGPET has many accredited training practices throughout Western Australia, particularly in the Perth metropolitan area. Because there are more accredited sites than GP registrars, many training practices remain unfilled each training semester (26 week period). WAGPET cannot guarantee a constant supply, as registrars choose their own training placements. You may want to consider the impact this may have on your practice before submitting the Initial Contact form.
For more information, or to express an interest in becoming an accredited training post please contact a member of the Accreditation Team on (08) 9473 8200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to top