- EMST Courses (additional funding is available if you are a Rural Pathway Registrar, you should discuss this with your Training Advisor)
- Diploma of Child Health
- Diploma of Obstetrics
- Diploma of Women’s Health
- Family Planning Certificate Course
- Satellite Broadcasts (Rural Health West)
- Youth Friendly Training
- Palliative Care Courses
- Various CPD activities eg. through Divisions of General Practice or the Cancer Council and approved by the RACGP and/or ACRRM
GP Registrars should log attendance at other education activities, including those approved for CPD points by RACGP and ACRRM, and use this as evidence of continuing learning towards Completion of Training.
Attendance at these events does not affect the requirement to attend WAGPET's compulsory core education – Central and Regional Education Programs.
As a GP Registrar in the Australian General Practice Training program you have automatic access to the RACGP Resource Library, whether you are an RACGP member or not. This is a fantastic resource – often underutilised until near exam time! Don’t wait until late in your training to become familiar with this.
GP Registrars have free access to:
- the RACGP library of books, videos and slides. These can be ordered online or by phone and the library will post them to you with a reply paid pack to send them back
- e-books (netlibrary) you can read through hundreds of medical and general electronic books.
- e-journals. The library has an extensive journal collection. You can subscribe to the contents pages of these journals (e-tocs) and each month when you receive the contents pages you can request copies of interesting articles (generally one copy per journal according to copyright laws). The library will photocopy the article and send it to you by post.
- database access. You can access the Proquest database which gives full-text access to hundreds of health-related articles and relevant journals. In addition there is access to PubMed and Cochrane library through the site.
- literature searches. The library will undertake a literature search for you – often much more extensive than you could do yourself. They aim to respond to all requests within 10 working days.
- useful website access relating to ECGs, evidence based medicine, find a conference sites, general web resources and government services.
For more information please contact
Return to top