Supervision, Education & Assessment
As part of the quality and safety framework for the program, you are required to attend the orientation provided by your General Practice and/or Training Hospital and WAGPET. Upon arrival at your CRP training post, you will undertake an orientation into the practice and/or hospital.
As part of the orientation to WAGPET, you will be required to complete on-line modules via e-learning (electronic Learning Management System). This includes:
- Pre-placement modules – to be completed prior to the commencement of your CRP term
- Weekly on-line modules – for the first 4-5 weeks of you CRP term.
You will be required to allocated 2 hours per week, during work hours, to complete your weekly on-line modules. You will require access to a computer, with internet.
The following is covered over through the online modules:
- Billing, prescribing & practice IM/IT
- Advanced communications skills
- Practical skills sessions
- Aboriginal Health
- Planning your term learning
- WAGPET elearning and library resources
In addition, during your placement you can use the resources on the online system to support your placement, assist with your learning, or to borrow books, DVDs and practical skills models from the library.
You also have the opportunity to attend workshops with fellow prevocational doctors and GP Registrars on the GP Training program with WAGPET. On the last Tuesday of every month evening workshops are held at the WAGPET office. The schedule is available on e-Learning.
If you are undertaking a CRP placement that has a component of GP time, your supervisor should be available to you for at least 80% on site with you. Your supervisor will undertake an assessment of your progression mid way through the placement and one at the end of the placement. Copies of these assessments are forwarded to WAGPET, and in turn we forward these on to your tertiary hospital for your file.
For more information please contact
- Program Coordinator - Accreditation, Post Support and Community Residencies
- 08 9473 8200
- Program Officer - Accreditation & Post
- 08 9473 8200
Return to top