RMA 18 | Early bird tickets now on sale!
Register today to secure your spot at RMA18.
Registration for Rural Medicine Australia 2018 (RMA18) is now open! Make sure you take advantage of the early bird sale, and the opportunity to book tickets for the Presidents Breakfast and Conference Dinner. Both of these events are expected to sell out fast, so get in early and secure your tickets today! Click here to register today.
Themes for RMA18
The RMA18 program aims to cater to the wide-ranging interests and needs of delegates, including professional development workshops, informative keynote speakers, policy discussion, political forums, research presentations, and social and professional networking opportunities.
This year's themes include:
- Indigenous Health: closing the gap: challenges, innovations, and advances in indigenous health
- Innovation in Remote Settings: using equipment and your surroundings to solve medical challenges
- Tropical Medicine: remoteness and technological solutions, future models of care, and data revolution
- Women in Health: women working in the health sector, highlighting challenges, success and barriers, plus potential solutions
- Refugee Health: conditions that are surfacing for refugees in Australia, and the unique challenges of refugee patients
- Research in Policy and Practice: including impacts, innovation, funding models, and workforce innovations
RMA18 will not only be full of exciting and thought provoking seminars and workshops, but you can also get involved in the extra social activities across the three days to network, engage, and learn from fellow peers passionate about rural and remote medicine.
This year's social events and activities include:
- Conference Welcome Reception: this is an inclusive event for all delegates with a welcome drink and nibbles provided.
- President's Breakfast: This event allows you to listen to a panel of experts discussing relevant and innovative topics in rural and remote medicine, which will be facilitated by a guest presenter. Tickets are inclusive in your registration cost, however, limited seats are available, and they always book fast! Breakfast will be included. Register today or you may miss out.
- Conference Dinner and Excellence Awards: This event is a highlight of the conference. This night provides the opportunity for delegates to let their hair down, network with colleagues in a relaxed environment, and acknowledge and support those who have exceeded in their support for rural and remote medicine for 2018. This is a popular event and tickets are limited. Purchase your tickets when you register so you don't miss out.
- Recovery Breakfast: This breakfast will be held the morning after the Conference Dinner to assist in your recovery after hanging up your dancing shoes. It's breakfast on us to help you bounce back!
- Future Generalists' Function: This event is for students to meet, mingle, and network with fellows of the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
Call for Abstracts
The RMA18 Academic Committee invites authors and presenters to submit abstracts online for consideration to present at the conference. RMA18 attracts over 500 delegates from across Australia and internationally and is the ideal forum to present your research to an engaged audience of rural health professionals.The Call for Abstracts will remain open until Sunday 8 April 2018.