Keen to work with us?
WAGPET is currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Educator.
An exciting opportunity exists to combine clinical work, and medical education.
Numbers in general practice and generalist community training in Western Australia continue to increase. WAGPET are seeking to recruit a 0.5FTE Senior Medical Educator to support registrars in the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program in WA who are identified as being at risk of underperformance.
If you are a RACGP or ACRRM general practitioner with experience in medical education, and would like the opportunity to develop the next generation of GPs, then we would like to receive your application.
The Senior Medical Educator role at WAGPET is varied and exciting, and works as part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team you would:
- Supervise the development and execution of focussed education interventions and remediation plans for identified registrars
- Monitor registrars undergoing focused interventions or remediation
- Support with Program Training Advisors and Medical Educators on individual registrar progress
- Support the assessment of registrar practice readiness as part of their induction process
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A recognised medical degree such as MBBS or MD.
- Demonstrated commitment to medical education and training – undergraduate, postgraduate and/or vocational.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
Regional travel may be required for short durations.
Applications should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and address the Qualifications and Experience & Knowledge in the Position Description.
Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com by no later than close of business Wednesday 30 November 2016.
For further information, please contact Dr Colleen Bradford, Clinical Director of Training on 08 9473 8200
We actively encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for positions at WAGPET and strive to foster a culturally safe and supportive environment.